Steps to Fix Norton 360 Error 8504, 104
Although Norton 360 is known as one of the most reliable security software, sometimes problems do happen. One of the most common issues users complain about is the Error 8504, 104. The bad news is that this error can be caused by a variety of things – virus, old antivirus, system error, etc. The good news is that once the root cause is found, the problem is easy to solve.
Finding What’s Causing the Error
In most cases, the culprit is an old version of the antivirus that’s still on your computer. Even if you deleted it, some bits of it might still be in the system. That’s why it’s important to use the official Reinstall tool. If you used a Norton antivirus, you can remove it by using the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool, which you can download here.
Another common reason why Norton 360 Error 8504, 104 appears is that the graphics driver is out of date. You can update it quite easily by following these steps:
- Step 1 – Open the Run dialog box (CMD)
- Step 2 – Type in “devmgmt.msc”
- Step 3 – DeviceManager will open, where you need to choose Display adapters
- Step 4 – Find your Graphics card, right-click on it and choose Properties
- Step 5 – Go to the Driver tab to see whether the driver is up to date
- Step 6 – If the driver is outdated, download a new one by visiting the official site of the graphics card manufacturer
- Step 7 – Once you’ve installed the latest driver; restart the PC to make the changes take place
If this also doesn’t bring any results, the reason why the Error 8504, 104 appears might be that there’s something wrong with your computer. If that is the case, the best thing you can do is give a call to the Norton technical support team Australia by dialing Norton support number 1-800-413-882.
Norton page | Blog page