Steps To Import Contacts From One Hotmail Account To Another
If you’ve started using a new Hotmail account, there’s no need to move all the contacts from the old one manually. You can move them in bulk easily, from one Hotmail account to another. The whole process should not take you more than just a few minutes, but only if you follow these instructions:
- Step 1 – Go to the official website of Microsoft Outlook
- Step 2 – Log in to Outlook by using the email account from which you want to export the contacts
- Step 3 – Click the down-arrow in the top-left corner of the screen
- Step 4 – Choose the option “People”
- Step 5 – Select the option “Manage” from the menu bar
- Step 6 – Click Export
- Step 7 – Choose where you want to store the CSV file with your contacts on your computer
- Step 8 – Log out of the old account and log in to the new Hotmail account
- Step 9 – Click the down-arrow and choose “People”
- Step 10 – Select the option “Manage” in the menu bar and click “Import”
- Step 11 – Choose the CSV file you’ve previously downloaded (by default, it is in the Downloads folder)
The steps above show how to transfer contacts from one Hotmail account to another through the Outlook.live website. You can do the same by using the Outlook desktop app. In both cases, the process should go without any problems.
But, if something goes wrong (you receive a corrupt CSV file, for example), it might be a sign of a much more serious error. This is especially true if you’re using the desktop app, as it might mean that there’s something wrong with your computer.
The good news is that there’s no need to panic, as these kinds of issues can be solved quite easily. You might not be able to deal with them on your own, but if you call our Hotmail support team, you can be sure they’ll be able to fix everything. Get ahold of them by calling the Hotmail support phone number 1-800-413-882.
Hotmail page | Blog page