Set up Gmail account on your iOS or Android
A great thing about Gmail is that this email service can be used on a number of different devices. You can use it on your personal computer, laptop or tablet, but also on your smartphone. In fact, Gmail is compatible with all kinds of mobile phones, including both those running on iOS and Android operating systems.
Of course, there is a difference between iOS and Android devices, which is why the process of setting up Gmail also differs. We’re now going to explain you how to do it, starting with the step-by-step guide for Gmail installation on Apple devices.
Setup on iPhone?
According to our Gmail technicians, this is the best way to setup Gmail on iPhone:
- Step 1 – Open Settings on your iPhone
- Step 2 – Go to Mail, then choose Accounts
- Step 3 – Tap ‘Add Account’ and choose Google
- Step 4 – Enter your Gmail login credentials (username and password)
- Step 5 – Choose things you want to sync (mail, calendars, contacts, etc.)
- Step 6 – Tap ‘Save’ and you’re done with the setup
Setup on Android Devices?
Setting up Gmail on Android is equally easy and does not require asking Gmail technical support for help. Instead, you just need to follow these steps:
- Step 1 – Open Settings
- Step 2 – Scroll down to Accounts and tap ‘Add Account’
- Step 3 – Choose Google
- Step 4 – Login to your Gmail account
- Step 5 – Agree to Terms of Service
- Step 6 – If you’re asked to add your card details, choose ‘No thanks’
- Step 7 – When done, you will end back on the Account page
Instead of adding your Google account, you can simply access your mail by using the Gmail app. installing the app is simple – just go to the App Store (iPhone) or Play Store (Android) and download the appropriate application. In order to use it, all you’ll need to do is enter your Gmail login details. If you happen to run into some issues doing this, feel free to call the Gmail support number 1-800-921-785. The people from Gmail support surely have the knowledge to make the problem disappear in no time.
Gmail page | Blog page