This is How To Set Up Telstra Mail On Outlook 2007
If you’re using Telstra Mail as your main email service, you don’t need to go online each time you want to check your Inbox or send a new email. Instead, you can do everything by using a desktop app, such as Outlook 2007. Apart from being very convenient, there’s another reason why Outlook 2007 and Telstra Mail™ are the perfect combination – synchronizing the two is something that can be done easily.
Of course, only if you know the right way. People from Bigpond technical support surely do! They’ve decided to share their knowledge with you. So, here are the step-by-step instructions on how to set up Telstra Mail on Outlook 2007!
- Step 1 – Open Outlook
- Step 2 – Click on the menu Tools
- Step 3 – Open Email Accounts
- Step 4 – Click on the text saying ‘Add a new e-mail account’
- Step 5 – Click IMAP and enter your Telstra Mail™ login credentials – your name, username, and password
- Step 6 – Choose imap.telstra.com as IMAP
- Step 7 – Add smtp.telstra.com as SMTP
- Step 8 - Open ‘More Settings’
- Step 9 – Set LAN as the type of connection
- Step 10 - Enable SMTP authentication
- Step 11 – Put 993 as IMAP server port number
- Step 12 – Add 465 as the SMTP server port number
- Step 13 – Click Finish and exit the wizard
The whole process might seem a bit complicated to you. If this is the case, perhaps it’s better to have the professionals help you with setting up Telstra Mail™ on Outlook 2007. Your best option is to give a call to the Bigpond support phone number 1-800-921-785 and have the tech support guys guide you through the whole process. This way, you will save your nerves, but also ensure that no problems will occur during the setup. Apart from calling the tech support for this issue, you can contact Bigpond support Australia for literally anything related to email.
BigPond page | Blog page