Steps To Recover A Hacked Yahoo Account
A couple of years ago, Yahoo admitted that nearly half a billion email accounts were Hacked. Since the scandal, the company has done their best to ensure nothing like that would ever happen again. That’s why nowadays Yahoo! Mail is one of the safest email services on the planet. It seems that hackers have absolutely no chances of breaking Yahoo’s defense system.
However, the hackers can use other methods to steal people’s accounts. Instead of using software, they can use some sneaky tricks to steal an email account. For example, they can send you a phishing email, luring you into giving away your login credentials. If you fall for such a scheme, you will end up losing your account, at least temporarily.
We say “temporarily”, because if your account gets hacked, you can get it back by following these steps:
- Step 1 – Go to the Sign In page of Yahoo
- Step 2 – Click the link saying “I can’t access my account” (located just below the Sign In button)
- Step 3 – Choose the option “My account may have been compromised”
- Step 4 - Choose the recovery option you prefer (email, mobile phone, etc.)
- Step 5 – Once you enter the recovery code, you will need to reset your password
- Step 6 – Enter a new password and make sure it’s strong enough (it should be over 6 characters long, containing both letters and numbers, as well as special characters)
This way, you will get your Yahoo account back, but your job doesn’t end there. You need to ensure the same thing doesn’t happen ever again. In order to do this, you need to do the 2-step verification. By connecting the mail account with your phone, you will be notified every time someone tries to access it from a device that’s not recognized as yours by Yahoo.
Another way to add to the safety of your account is to save the number of Yahoo customer support. This way, if a problem occurs, you will be able to solve it by calling the Yahoo support number 1-800-921-785.
Yahoo page | Blog page